Tim Windsor posts a shout-out to Don Tapscott's book about the new generation of digital natives, Grown Up Digital, along with a telling photograph to illustrate that audience and why it's different from the audience that most of us are familiar with (and members of). As Tapscott writes:
If Wonder bread builds strong bodies in 12 ways, this generation is different from its parents in 8 ways.
- They want freedom in everything they do, from freedom of choice to freedom of expression.
- They love to customize, personalize.
- They are the new scrutinizers.
- They look for corporate integrity and openness when deciding what to buy and where to work.
- The Net Gen wants entertainment and play in their work, education and social life.
- They are the collaboration and relationship generation.
- The Net Gen has a need for speed–and not just in video games.
- They are the innovators.